Gas tankless water heaters by design do not come in gallon capacities. Their know flow rate is normally calculated through the measuring of gallons of water used per GMP or per minutes. They are small and do not require a large space to do so.
Here are factors worth taking note of on How to install a gas tankless water heater:
- Know the GMP of the appliances for use in your house to help for easier calculation e.g. washing machine, kitchen faucet just to name a few. This will help you know your flow rate.
- You must have available skills to install the tankless gas water heater. Which will require that:
- You must be a trained electrician. The job involves working with gas, flaming torches, and plumbing must also be able to soldier pipes but most importantly must be able to handle power tools.
Gas tankless water heaters are quite an affordable way to reduce your heating cost. Giving home owners a lot of financial relief. This can be ascertained to the fact that one only fit what is right for their needs. Water heaters in real life tend to fail. Before installing the heater, it would be imperative to consider the issue of cost. They do not come cheap.
If you have been worried about heating costs in your home and the many times visitors and home owners alike have run out of hot water, then you will have reasons to want find ways of how to install a gas tankless water heater. A lot of care must be taken before installation and professional information will be required in helping sort this information once and for all. The best person to contact regarding gas use is the gas company. They are the once who will advise if your upgrade system requires grading.
A tankless water heater uses more gas on the average. But overall, there are great benefits that come with its installation. Once installed it has a lifeline of over 20 years of excellent service. The following steps need to be put into consideration before starting the installation process namely:
- Venting of any kind must be kept from open windows or doors or any open places.
- Depending on the size, copper sizes will differ and must be measured accordingly. The same must be burred and polished and lastly, it is important that flux is applied to it
- A disconnection switch is a must have which is usually connected next to the water heater.
- Just for information, it is of great importance to note that a gas tankless water heater is normally mounted in the following places:
- Dry wall
- Plaster or
- Simply set into the walls normally between studs
The overall process of how to install a gas tankless water heater includes the following, but before then the package usually comes with manufacturer’s instructions which must be followed to the latter:
- If you are replacing an old water heater, the first thing that will need to be done is to remove the old water heater and then shut off any valves that direct water to the heater. The valves to be shut off are the inlet and outlet valves.
- Next shut off any active gas lines never forgetting to shut off the gas outlet.
- The next process will depend on the preferred installation location. Proper tools discussed above will be handy in handling the same.
- After mounting the same water route the water to the valves never forgetting to install shut-offs. The valve will need pressure which must be added accordingly.
It is important that by the time any electric power is resumed, all the process according to the manufacturer’s requirements have been followed accordingly. Installing the system will depend on your preferences but if you are not able to, it would be noteworthy to seek the services of a technician who will be able to provide you with the guidelines on how to install a gas tankless heater. It is also imperative that you keep the warranty documents just in case it might be needed. Before opening the same, it is important that the tankless gas water supply is shut and opened in accordance with required regulations.