Bradford water heaters have been made to suit people with different needs. Some are for residential usage while others can be put to use commercially. The commercial ones can be used by mechanical contractors, architects, building owners, engineers and even specifiers for their installations. The Bradford white water heater reviews available to potential clients often feature both the commercial and the residential water heaters. They normally come in white as the name suggests and are designed to suit all residential usage that they may be applied to.
They have high performance systems that ensure quality service to the users. They also have tank linings that give the tanks more durability. The Bradford white water heaters can be gas water heaters, electric water heaters or even propane water heaters. The Bradford water heaters are best known for offering water heating, storage applications and also combination heating applications to the users which increases the Bradford white water heater ratings.
- Bradford White MI75S6BN-337
- Capacity: 75 gal
- Weight: 238 lbs
- Bradford White M460T6FBN
- Capacity: 60 gal
- Weight: 192 lbs
- Bradford White MI40T6FBN-394
- Capacity: 40 gal
- Weight: 120 lbs
Top 3 Bradford White Natural Gas Water Heaters
Bradford White MI75S6BN-337
The Bradford White MI75S6BN-337 is convenient for high altitude use. It is used with natural gas to heat the water. It can heat up to 75 gallons of water which is a sufficient capacity for a normal household. This model weighs 238 pounds and has an upright tank. Its measurements are 0.6 x 25 x 30 inches. The hydro jet performance system that is factory installed ensures its high performance. It has a thermal switch that is resettable and has a screen technology design that acts as a flame arrestor. It is atmospherically vented and is made of materials that ensure its durability.
Bradford White M460T6FBN
This model is designed for residential use by the Bradford water heaters. It is vented atmospherically and utilizes a draft diverter. It qualifies for most of the energy rebate programs as it has high energy factor ratings. The flame arrestor design is facilitated by the screenlok technology on this model. It also has a resettable thermal switch. It can only be used for applications up to 2000’ as it is altitude specific. The Hydro jet total performance system ensures high performance of the model. The system is factory installed. The products measurements are 0.6 x 20 x 25 inches, thus occupying minimum space and weighs 190 pounds.
Bradford White MI40T6FBN-394
The screenlok technology on this model is advanced and facilitates the flame arrestor design that ensures user safety. On top of the heater is a temperature and pressure release valve that acts to release any extra pressure from the tank. The hydro jet system ensures high quality and total performance of the system which is factory installed. It also has ¾” NPT fittings for the dielectric waterway which is also factory installed. The model is altitude specific and cannot be used in altitudes higher than 2000’. It can occupy a small space as it only measures 0.6 x 18 x 23 inches and weighs 120 pounds.
Top 2 Bradford White Electric Water Heaters
Bradford White M120U6SS-1NAL
This model features a direct heat transfer function which works with elements that have been immersed. It is a 20 gallon water heater and thus can heat 20 gallons of water. The capacity may be small but is sufficient for the average household. The hydro jet total performance system is factory installed and offers high performance for the unit by eliminating risk of accumulation of mineral deposits. The Vitra glass lining helps to protect the tank from corrosion. The durability of the unit is increased by the 2” non – CFC foam insulation that serves to protect the unit from heat damage.
Bradford White M250T6DS-1NCWW
The Bradford White M250T6DS-1NCWW offers direct heat transfer with the elements that are immersed. The high performance is facilitated by the hydro jet total performance system which is factory installed to help reduce build-up of sediments. The Vitra glass lining helps shield the tank of the unit from corrosion and any other form of damage. The 2” foam insulator that is non-CFC acts as an insulator for the unit to prevent heat damage. The model does not take up too much space as it only occupies 21 x 60 x 23 inches and weighs 1234 pounds. It has a temperature control to help regulate the temperature of the water. It has a 50 gallon capacity.
Top 2 Bradford White Propane Water Heaters
Bradford White MI30T6FCX-337
The Bradford White MI30T6FCX-337 is a unit that has a capacity of heating 30 gallons of water. This amount is often sufficient for the average household. The screenlok technology is advanced and uses the flame arrestor design to keep the unit safe as well as the user. The stainless steel helps to reduce chances of damage due to corrosion or heat. The thermal switch protects from too much heat and is resettable. It also has installed a hydro jet total performance system that ensures efficiency and improved performance for the unit. This eliminates need for constant maintenance. It is altitude specific, no more than 2000’ and has ¾” NPT dielectric fittings that are factory installed.
Bradford White DSI40S6FSX-337
This model has closed combustion and uses the air that is available from outside the unit for its combustion process. It has a vent that rotates on a co-axial design. The venting is attributed to the fact that it is a direct venting propane water heater. This model has a capacity of 40 gallons. The hydro jet system acts as a means to ensure total and high performance of the unit. It works by eliminating build up of mineral residues and any sediment. The Vitra glass lining protects the tank from corrosion and also the heat of the water after it has been heated. It is an altitude specific model that operates within 2000’ and not higher.
Types of Bradford White Water Heaters
Main Features of Bradford White Natural Gas Water Heaters
The natural gas water heaters use natural gas to heat the water. This is an efficient way of heating water for a user who is conscious about the environment. Natural gas is not only environmentally friendly but also available at reasonable prices. For this reason it is considered an efficient model. Some of the features of Bradford White natural gas water heaters include;
- Thermal switch – The thermal switch available in the natural gas water heaters can be reset depending on your specifications.
- Screen lock technology – The models have screen lock technology that is designed to act as a flame arrestor which ensures safety whilst using the water heater.
- Pressure release valves – When using natural gas to heat water, there may be release of a lot of pressure or high temperatures. The temperature release valve acts as a way to reduce the pressure in the tank.
- Hydro jet performance system – The models featured in Bradford white gas water heater reviews often cite the existence of the hydro jet performance systems in their models. This performance system provides high quality performance of the water heaters. The system is also factory installed thus no need for installation after purchase.
- Uses natural gas –This feature as discussed above is beneficial as it is a clean and efficient way to heat water. The natural gas is also safe and affordable.
The natural gas water heaters are available in different models such as atmospheric vent models, power vent models, the direct vent and power direct vent models and high efficiency models. The water heating capacity that you require should be factored in when searching or looking to buy one. The altitude is also a factor as some can be used in high altitudes while others are altitude specific.
Main Features of Bradford White Electric Water Heaters
The Bradford white electric water heaters are available in different models. They vary from high quality models to small appliances depending on the capacity that you wish to heat. They have great flexibility due to the different wattages supported, the different sizes and the different voltages. There are different categories available for you to choose from such as the energy saver, the high efficiency model, the low boy, the utility model, the wall hung model, the instantaneous model and also the powerful compact model. Some of the features are similar to the natural gas models while others differ.
- Hydro jet total performance system – This feature is characteristic of all Bradford water heaters. It is used to reduce the build-up of sediment in the unit which may eventually cause the unit to perform slowly. As it is a feature mentioned in most Bradford white electric water heater reviews, it is important to note that it increases the efficiency of the heater and the improves its thermal performance by reducing any mineral deposits that may accumulate.
- Vitra glass lining – This is an important feature as the tank needs the lining to increase its durability by reducing risk of damage.
- Heat traps – The heat traps act to trap the heat which reduces damage to the unit and also increases the efficiency of the electric water heaters. This ensures that heat is not lost.
- Diagnostic codes and ignition functions – These features allows for smooth control of the unit and proper operation of the system.
- Thermal switch – The thermal switch is installed as it helps to deactivate the burner and also the pilot light. This happens when there is no sufficient air flow in the unit. The lack of air flow may be caused by accumulation of dust or lint.
- Insulation – This is the non – CFC foam insulation that insulates the unit from heat damage.
Main Features of Bradford White Propane Water Heaters
The propane water heaters are less common with users but they are also as efficient as the rest. They offer an alternative to the traditional models which are the natural gas and the electric heaters. Just as the rest, they are available in different varieties and categories that you would require to choose from depending on the specific needs. This Bradford white propane water heater review will look at some of these features;
- Screenlok design – The screenlok design on the propane water heaters are made of stainless steel and acts as a flame arrestor. It helps to increase the unit’s resistance to stress, corrosion and heat.
- Hydro jet total performance system – This system acts to give the unit ability to perform to its full potential. Mineral deposits and other sediments often accumulate in the unit thus eventually causing it to perform slowly. By ensuring that the deposits do not accumulate, the system ensures efficiency.
- Thermal switch – The thermal switch is resettable. It is part of the defender safety system which is part of the unit. This ensures that the unit is protected from damage by deactivating the burner when there is no sufficient air flow. If the burner is deactivated the thermal switch can be reset when the water heating process needs to be resumed.
- Brass drain valve – the drain valve is designed to be tamper proof. This means that it cannot be tampered with and has a low restriction thus providing faster draining of the water.
- Propane fueled – This feature is an obvious one as the heaters are referred to as propane water heaters. Unlike the others, it is fueled using liquid propane. The energy factors ranges depending on the specific model that you choose. The safety design however, is featured in all models which ensures that you are safe using the heaters in a residential area as well as commercially.
Bradford White Water Heater Benefits
The Bradford brand offers a wide category of water heaters all designed to suit the specific needs of different buyers. The benefits range depending on the features of a specific model but most accrue to all models as they have almost similar features.
- Saves energy – The benefit of the Bradford water heaters is that they help in saving energy. This reduces your cost as it needs less fuel. This is due to the glass lining as well as their solar capabilities. The solar capabilities means that they can utilize solar power and the glass lining helps in retaining heat.
- Enhanced safety features – This is facilitated by features such as the thermal switch and the FVIR technology that is used in the Bradford water heaters. Safety is a good attribute as it ensures consumer satisfaction.
- Durability and long life – The magnesium anode rods used on the heaters help in preventing corrosion of the heaters. The hydro jet technology helps remove sediments and thus eliminates need for constant maintenance. The system is designed to resist damage and also corrosion which reduces its efficiency. They ensure that the unit is durable and has a long life.
- Efficiency – Most water appliances often have reduced efficiency after a few years as there is often a build-up of materials that may be corrosive or otherwise. The hydro jet system in the Bradford white water heaters helps to ensure that efficiency is not compromised due to mineral deposits from the water. The Vitra glass lining also protects against this.
Bradford White Water Heater Problems
The troubleshooting tips offered here are relevant when dealing with small heater issues that can be resolved easily. It is thus advisable to employ the skills of a licensed installer to assist with any issues.
No hot water may be due to lack of power or enough fuel such as natural gas or propane. This is often the case with electric heaters due to short circuits and other electrical problems.
Slow recovery of hot water can also be an issue with the Bradford white water heaters. This could be due to improperly replaced insulation, formation of lime on the elements, a low thermostat, and wrong connection of the pipes, too many mineral deposits or improper calibrations. The thermostat in this case may need to be replaced or checked out.
In case of discolored water, you may need to consider that there has been too much lime collected in the unit. This would require the elements to be cleaned.
Where to Buy a Bradford White Water Heater?
Different sellers of Bradford white water heaters will offer different Bradford white water heater prices. This is common to all retailers. Bradford white water heaters can be found in different shops and online stores. You may get them from;
Bradford dealers – these are authorized dealers for the brand. They can be found all over the United States through a rep locator on their website.
The Bradford heaters are also featured on e-Bay. The main seller is Amazon. They are in different categories requiring you to choose the best for yourself.
The various features of water heaters highlighted in this Bradford white water heater review show how much the different models are designed to ensure user safety. The manufacturers are among the oldest manufacturers of water heaters in the industry. The models offered by Bradford are varied from residential water heaters to commercial water heaters. They can be solar powered, gas fueled, propane fueled, and electric powered and even oil fueled water heaters. It is best to consider the capacity of water you need to be heated. This is measured in accordance with the water usage. Usage for commercial users may be higher that residential users thus the needs for a differentiating pattern. The type of vent also influences your choice which will be based on where the heater will be stored. Other than that, you may need to consider the size and the performance of the model you are going for.